Monday, September 20, 2010

A Train Crash

Train Crash
1. The sky was overcast. Dark clouds loomed ablve giving the sky an ominous feel as though rain would come crashing through any time soon.

2. The next six hours was sheer mental torture.

3. However, thoughts of seeing Grandpa and all my favourite cousins warmed my heart, making this all well worth it.

4. A sudden explosion followed by an earth-shattering jerk shook through the entire train.

5. Everyone was thrown off their seats as the train tilted perilously to its side.

6. Chaos reigned in the train as passengers flew into a panic.

7. The train had come to a full halt. My train had run off its track.

8. A glance outside to the once picturesque sights of calm hills filled with greenery was now a major nightmare.

9. To keep my balance was like attempting mission impossible.

10. People were going berserk just to save their own lives.

11. There was no time to spare. Anxiety charged through my veins.

12. With all my might, I heaved that luggage at the window smashing it.

13. The sight that greeted me challenged my sanity.

14. Women were screaming, children were crying and men were bellowing above the din for their wives and children.

15. Dead bodies were strewn everywhere.

16. I groped my way through the turmoil and destruction.

17. The rescue team reached the crash site at record time.

18. I was whisked away to one of the hospitals to be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment