Monday, September 27, 2010

Direct & Indirect Speeches (Yellow Book)

Direct/Indirect Speech WS 1
Answers:

1) Jumil told his aunt that he would be in Primary Six the following year.
2) Alison told her best friend, Susan, that the cake her sister had baked the day before had been delicious.
3) When Donald saw his classmates at school, he told them that he had a new baby sister.
4) Mrs Lee said that she had not seen Mary since the previous Saturday.
5) The tour guide said that the little blue penguins come out only at night.
6) Siew Hui said that she had not been to Ipoh for a long time.
7) Ann told her husband that Jack had asked them for dinner that night.
8) He said that he had found the wallet among the flower pots.
9) Max said that he had to save up for the Penang trip.
10) Pat exclaimed that nobody knew how to pitch the tent.

Direct/Indirect Speech WS 2
Answers

1) Barbara claimed that she knew that a spider has four pairs of legs.
2) Ahmad told me James wanted to know how many tickets were still available.
3) Jane told everyone that she would coming to the party at six.
4) James said that he had gone for a long walk the day before.
5) I said that I did not like coffee.
6) We said that we had tried to help.
7) I said that I would never speak to her again.
8) The neighbour told me that she had quarreled with her husband the night before.
9) He told me that it had rolled into that hole.
10) Jessie told David that that tie looked good on him.

Direct/Indirect Question WS 1
Answers:

1) Miss Lim asked her pupils last Friday if they had completed their project on animals.
2) The policeman asked the boy if he had stolen that wallet.
3) When the secretary went into his office, the manager asked her if she could take down that message.
4) The librarian asked me if I wanted to collect my book then.
5) The woman asked my mother if those were the children.
6) Henry’s aunt asked him if she had been home the evening before.
7) The boy asked Joshua if he could lend him a dollar.
8) I asked if Jeremy swam regularly.
9) Michelle wondered if the famous painting had been sold.
10) The reporter asked the spokesman if the passengers had been hurt in the accident.

Direct/Indirect Question Wsh 2
Answers:

1) Our English teacher asked us who had won first prize in the Art competition the previous Sunday.
2) The policeman asked the eye witness how the accident had happened.
3) Mother asked me how long I took to complete my Mathematics test that day.
4) I asked the salesman how much that computer cost.
5) The Scoutmaster asked Tuck Hwee why he was late for the meeting.
6) Miss Tan wanted to know how long I took to finish my homework.
7) He asked me what my name was.
8) Siti asked Mani what he was doing then.
9) Mohan asked Jasper whom he had met at the library.
10) Gloria asked her friend what she had bought at Takashimaya.

Direct/Indirect Commands Wsh 1
Answers:

1) The teacher warned the naughty boys not to play when she was explaining a sum.
2) Mrs Wee warned the children not to play near the pond.
3) Tony told Rio to take the pictures home.
4) The policeman shouted at the fleeing gangster to stop or he would shoot.
5) He ordered the students not to leave.
6) The chairman ordered the class to be quiet.
7) He ordered the children to go to school.
8) My friend told me to take it easy.
9) My sister told me to leave her alone.
10) Jill told me to call before I came.

Direct/Indirect Commands Wsh 2
Answers:

1) The guide told me to go down the hill and turn right.
2) The P5 camp instructor asked us to ask more questions.
3) The boss told us to be sure to get the project done on time.
4) The instructor told me that I should take up an inline skating course.
5) He told me to try it again.
6) He said that I should try it again.
7) My father told me to be home by midnight.
8) My father said that I should be home by midnight.
9) The President said that we should not give up hope.
10) Mitch said that we should not believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment