Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Composition (30 June): A Country I Have Visited

A Country I Have Visited

In the first week of the June holidays, on 28 May, I went to Kuala Lumpur by car with my family. It took us seven hours to reach there. There were many cars at the customs. After we crossed the causeway, the traffic began to crawl and we waited two hours to enter the Malaysia customs. After the customs, we stopped at Malacca for our lunch at the KFC fast food restaurant. Then, we continued our two-hour journey to Kuala Lumpur.

We finally reached our destination at 2pm sharp. We went to find our hotel. When we reached there, my brother and I wanted to quickly get out of the car. However, as we were sitting at the back of the car, we needed help to push the car seat. Thus, I shouted, “Help! Get us out of here!” My mother came to help to push the car seat to get us out. Beside my family, my grandmother, aunts and uncles together with their children also drove their own cars and reached the hotel before us. Once I got out of the car, I saw Madeline and Nick, my cousins, waiting for us at the lobby. We quickly ran to Nick and hugged him.

After we had checked into our hotel, we headed to our room. My father wanted to boil some water but when he turned on the tap, the hot water flew non-stop and the water was also yellowish. We quickly called the hotel staff to come and help us. Within minutes, one of the hotel staff came and helped to turn off the tap. We were then asked to change to another room.

After a while, we went to Times Square to shop. I saw many toys which were very expensive. Most parts of the square were shopping malls but half was a theme park and the rides were very scary. The next day, we went to another shopping mall. I forgot its name, but all the videos there were cheap.

The next day, we had to prepare to go to Fraser Hill. It took two hours to get there from Kuala Lumpur. We did not know how to go there as it was a new place for us. We took one hour to reach KKB Town, which is near Fraser Hill. As we went up the mountain, we felt like vomiting as the road was curvy like a long serpent. We seemed to be riding a roller coaster going up a hill in a curved way. When we reached there, my brother cried as he felt like vomiting.

The hotel there was very different from other hotels. Their hotels looked like bungalows. Though the room was very big, it only cost sixty dollars a day. We went to explore Fraser Hill on our first day of visit. The next day, we went to ride some horses. I rode three times, while my cousins rode four times. Then we proceeded to paddle boats. The person-in-charge wasn’t there yet. There was a trail link to nowhere, so my uncle decided to follow the trail and explored what there was in the forest. I was walking and looking in front, thus did not notice there was a snake in front of me until I walked nearer it.

Then my uncle shouted, “Snake!”

I immediately turned my head and said, “Where?”

My uncle pointed to the floor and I jumped backwards and called out to the rest of my family, “Snake! Snake!”

They immediately came and took a look. Uncle James used a stick to carry the small snake and threw it into the lake.

My cousins and I asked, “Why do you want to throw the snake into the lake?”

He did not say anything. The snake head was brown and it slowly turned red and we saw the snake angrily swam away.

The person-in-charge finally arrived. We quickly ran toward him and went to get our boats. When we were paddling, my cousin saw a toad and my father saw another small snake swimming across the lake. We decided to have a race. Thus, everyone paddled as fast as they could.

After paddling the boat, we went back to the hotel. As it was raining, we waited for it to stop before going trekking. When we reached there, my father saw leeches and quickly asked everyone to back off. One of the leeches bit Uncle James’ leg. He plucked it out and used a tissue paper to stop the bleeding.

The next day, only my family went to Genting Highlands. The rest of them went home as they had things to attend to.

From Fraser Hill, it only took us only an hour to reach Genting Highlands. I enjoyed myself there as there were indoor and outdoor theme parks. The next day, Roysius, my cousin, came to join us.

The day I went home, it was 4 June 2010, at four o’clock in the afternoon. I like Fraser Hill the most, as it was a forest with wild animals.

Yong Le
5Endurance
13 July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment